Pinterest is another social media platform to not just promote but increase the discoverability of your brand. However, unlike other social media platforms, by posting on Pinterest you can increase your chances of reaching a larger customer base rather than solely targeting niche customers. This will help to grow your brand and reach a larger audience.
Pinterest works much like Google. However, instead of searching a question, it creates a visually-based online environment where customers can discover your brand through interests and passions. The key element that makes Pinterest unique is the ability to allow your products to be shared by people through interests rather than SEO keywords. By allowing a single product pass through a network of passions and interests, your brand connects with people based on what they really want and care about. Therefore, Pinterest organically creates networks for your brand, increases your conversion rate and drives traffic to your site and Zazzle store.
To help you get started, here are the top marketing tips for Pinterest success:
- Rich pins:
There are four types of pins on Pinterest to share your brand: regular pins, promoted pins, buyable pins, and rich pins. While regular pins are visibly the most popular choice of pins, rich pins are the better choice when trying to successfully market your brand. Rich pins increase customer engagement of your products because they contain more metadata and additional information like pricing and real-time stocking availability. Available on business accounts, rich pins improve your click-through rate and brand discoverability, not only on Pinterest but on Google also.
- Sell the lifestyle, not just the brand:
By creating boards with lifestyle themes which include your products, there is a higher rate of brand discoverability over boards with just your products. Think of a board like a physical store and inspire customers with your brand and products, don’t just sell to them. Great brands understand their customers and know what content they wish to see, therefore, research your target audience instead of guessing what they like.
- Know what’s trending:
Before you start pinning, research what is trending on Pinterest. The best way to find the top trending topics is with your Pinterest analytics tool. Statistics show that pins related to trending topics have a 94% higher click-through rate over unrelated pins. Tap into popular pin types and search terms that are related.
- The power of influencers:
Reach more customers by partnering up with Pinterest influencers and bloggers. Working with influencers will not only help in reaching your niche target audience but will also create a new branch of customers that may not have been previously reachable.
- The power of engagement:
The more you engage, the more likes and shares you will receive. In fact, 80% of pins on Pinterest are re-pins, with only 20% being pinned via uploaded images or original pins from websites. Therefore, it is important to involve your community in engaging with your 'interest' on Pinterest. One way of doing this is by running Pinterest contests. This not only increases your interest but can drive sales and traffic to your website and Zazzle store. Note, however, certain contests are not permitted, and neither is spamming behavior, so make sure you check out Pinterest contest guidelines. Another way to engage with your customers is by encouraging them to post images of purchased products in everyday life. You can even create group boards where influencers and staff, etc. can become brand ambassadors by posting on these boards.
Tips on how to drive traffic to your Zazzle store by pinning smarter:
- Image quality: It’s important to know what types of images to pin. Live photography, high quality, vivid and bright photographs will have 20 times more re-pins than low quality and darker images.
- Be color wise: Pins containing multiple colors are repined 3.2 times more than those with a single color. Red and orange images also receive 200% more re-pins over blue images.
- Image size: Images should be at least 600 pixels wide with an optimal pin width being 736 pixels, which is the maximum display size. In addition, taller images have a 60% higher re-pin rate over shorter or smaller images. One of the reasons for this is because taller images are more visible on mobile devices. In fact, 75% of everyday traffic on Pinterest is through its mobile app.
- Keep it anonymous: Images without faces receive 23% more re-pins than those with faces. Remember the aim of your pin is to highlight your brand and products.
- Information and content: Research what keywords resonate with your customers and use them in your pin descriptions. Keep pin descriptions short with a brief description of the image and brand. Pins with character counts between 100-200 have the most re-pins. In addition to that, pins with prices receive 36% more likes and shares. Add the price and link to your Zazzle store in your description to increase traffic to your site.
- Listen: Pay attention to your analytics from the Pinterest business tool and other data collecting apps. Listen to your customers to know what resonates with them. Most importantly, be relevant and on trend.
- Pinning and timing: Timing is everything so know when to pin to effectively engage with your customers. Research when are the best times and days to post your pins. Research has shown the most popular times to post are between 2-4 pm, 8-11 pm, and 2 am. This, of course, is completely dependent on your customer base - who they are and where they are located. In addition, some brands will perform better on certain days of the week.